2018 Spotify success story
- Since 2014, we invested $48 million in Spotify over five different tranches for both our institutional and family office investors
- In the run-up to the IPO we successfully exited our investment, generating an IRR of 48.2% and 4.7x multiple of invested capital (exit value of $227 million)
- Ahead of the Spotify IPO filing, we privately sold a block of Spotify shares to Tencent (one of the world’s leading technology companies) for one of the highest pre-IPO valuations
- On listing date we exited, selling our remaining Spotify shares at the highest trading price, demonstrating Ventura’s best-in-class execution capabilities.
2018 Xiaomi success story
- Ventura invested in Xiaomi Series C at a pre-money valuation of $4.7 Billion and exited the majority of the holding in a private pre-IPO sale, at a valuation of $80 Billion, yielding a 17x return. The IPO subsequently launched at significantly less value than Ventura’s exit.